Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Heat wave in the Bay Area





Top - American Rag;  Bottoms - American Eagle;  Accessories - F21;  Shoes - Michael Kors

I was really excited for the turn of the season when I could finally retrieve my buried scarves, sweaters, and boots from my closet. Instead, I find myself in this sweltering 90 degree weather wondering why it's warmer now than it ever was in the summer. That's California for you!

Since I felt a bit silly wearing really bright colors which are usually meant more for the months of May-August, I rummaged around for some darker shades that are more reminiscent of autumn but still appropriate for this weather. Those AE shorts are probably my comfiest pair. I do admit I bought them after seeing Kristen Stewart wear them so well. 

The highlight of my day was grabbing dinner with one of my favorite people in the world, Lawrence Chang (aka Slizzard Slare, Larebear, or Slizzy.) It's nice to have my closest guy friend at UCLA so close to me post-graduation. The servers must have thought we were insane for ordering the huge appetizer sampler, but I couldn't resist mozzarella sticks, buffalo wings, onion rings, and zucchini all in one plate! Comfort food and wonderful company :)


No comments:

Post a Comment